Under the supervision of the Installation Manager, the Expeditor will execute the Expedite processes established for RJW Exteriors. They will ensure that customer orders are kept moving through the production process. Additionally, the Expeditor, will have primary responsibility of driving reduction in the backlog of orders. They will utilize both physical tracking and system investigation to determine order status, and work with team members and leaders from various areas of the business to keep appropriate priority and level of urgency on all orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Executes RJW Exteriors survey protocols.
- Effectively and competently use RJW platforms (Hover, RoofHub, MarketSharp, JobNimbus, EntryLink and WebCente, etc)r to determine order status and expected product location.
- Use platforms to verify valid ship dates for staged products.
- Physically locate product or product components throughout the production operation based on platform system data or research.
- Provides timely and regular updates of hot orders to key leadership team members including, but not limited to those requesting hot order expedites.
- Works with the Operations, Purchasing, Production Control and other functional teams to provide updated delivery ETA’s for product completion.
- Updates Excel or system based order status report on regular intervals.
- Communicates well with support departments to help move orders forward. For example is able to exert weight of position to have orders prioritized.
- Effectively communicates with leader to escalate the need for support to remove obstacles that may prevent an order from moving forward.
- Is able to reverse or have product that needs to be removed from orders reversed.
- Understands the production flow processes for roofing, siding, window and door production.
- Works with production teams to expedite reworking of items that needs reworked.
- Serves as a role model for safety. Wears appropriate PPE and follows all safety procedures in the process of executing core job functions.
- Support improvement in RJW safety culture by reporting unsafe condition or opportunities.
- Support the production and shipment of quality products by adhering to and encouraging others to adhere to established RJW quality standards.
- Sets a strong example for team by approaching people and work positively, supports leadership and is a champion for change.
- Drives to discover and address root causes to issues causing backorders.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- Ability to accurately enter and retrieve information from a computer application.
- Able to communicate and manage work priorities and proper work practices effectively
- Proficiency in use of computer technologies (word/pages, excel/numbers, etc.).
- Requires sufficient working knowledge of Window and Door manufacturing processes to effectively expedite through these areas.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively communicate with team members.
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Must be able to read and write English
Able to apply knowledge of respective production processes to help effectively expedite orders. i.e. knows how long process steps take, or leadtime from vendors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual production environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and balancing.
- May be required to move components within plant(to shipping for ex)
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Must be able to stand for at least 6-8 hours a day
- Ability to follow safety rules
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime, or on nights, as needed.